To the land of the free and the home of the brave… Happy birthday America! I spent the red white and blue holiday with old fashioned barbecue, the beach, and fireworks in Sunset Beach with Austins family. The second picture was of our view from his beach house. It was fun to see all the 4th of July crowds camp out and set up their spot very early in the morning! Some people were there as early as 8 am! As the sun was setting we set off a bunch of fireworks right on the sand. It was beautiful and overall a great holiday!
You know when you’re feelin all adventurous and come up with a fun activity to do that you later are very happy that you did?? That was us yesterday with our plan to go out on a whim and rent jet skis in the marina! …except it didn’t turn out to be such a great plan after all. We went with two of our friends, hoping for a fun jet ski ride into the sunset. When we got there though everything just took a wrong turn. It was windy and cold, very expensive, and the guy kept on telling us how we will get fined hundreds of dollars if we did this or that (not to mention the jet ski horror stories he was telling us about). He was a major buzzkill and after two quizzes and a $750 safety deposit we were so over it. It definitely wasn’t as easy to rent a jet ski as it is when you’re on vacation haha. We cancelled the whole thing and went back to Austins rooftop jacuzzi with an ice cold beer. Thaaaaats more like it! I’m sticking to vacation jet skis for now ;)
Okay totally ignore the previous post that came before this one… I pressed the wrong button and it published before I was even done writing one sentence haha! I haven’t figured out how to delete it but I’m currently trying!
But what I was sayyyyinggggg was that Sara and I started to make a skincare and makeup tutorial for you guys today! We still need to film it over again because we had some technical difficulties with the focus and lighting, but it was super easy to make so it won’t be long until we post the final video for all of you to see!
If you have Instagram, make sure you check tomorrow morning (LA time) to see a sneak peek of the makeup tutorial video!! It’s a clip from the first take and it’s a true disaster haha.
I woke up feelin a little crazy this mornin and decided to get matching purple hair with my momma! But don’t worry, I didn’t go all the way purple hehe. I just got a few purple strands put in for the summer. I’ll probably want them out in a month or so! It’s just a little peek-a-boo color… I didn’t want it to be that noticeable. What do you guys think? Are you for or against a little cotton candy color?!
The salon we went to is called Reflections Hair Salon and it was just recently opened by one of our longtime family friends, so we were more than happy to come and give some business to a friend! The purple hair is actually an extension, so it’s easy to take out if I wanted to. It is made of natural virgin hair so it is easy to curl, straighten, and blow dry (you know I made sure of this beforehand hehe).
You guys had a lot of great questions! I tried my best to cover most of them!
MAKEUP & SKIN ROUTINE:
- I totally agree with you guys that I need to do an updated post about my everyday makeup routine! I can also show you guys pictures of the makeup products I use and all that. Sara and I are planning on filming a makeup tutorial this week, so however long it takes us to edit it we will post after that!
- My secret to healthy skin: eating healthy and fresh foods and drinking lemon water. And also washing your face every day and night.
- I used to have some problems with minor acne on my forehead, but that was from age 12-15, which I think is normal for most people.
- The lipstick I use is Twig by MAC.
- If I had one makeup product for the rest of my life, I would choose mascara (details on my favorite mascara will be discussed in the makeup tutorial).
- I use an exfoliator (any brand thats around the house like Clean & Clear or Clarisonic gel cleanser) in the morning, followed by Kiehls 25 SPF moisturizer. I put on makeup for the day then at night when I take it off I use Dermalogica’s Gel Cleanser. I always wash my face before bed!
- My eyelashes are naturally long.
- I get my haircut at a salon about every 3-4 months. Once I notice a lot of split and damaged ends, I know it’s time to make an appointment!
- My natural hair color is the brown color at the top. My hair naturally gets lighter with the sun but I have been highlighting the middle and ends for years.
- The hair product I swear by: Unite 7 Seconds Detangler Spray. I spray this on my hair right after the shower to make it smooth, silky, and easy to brush through.
- I like the Unite Texturiza Hair Spray because it doesnt make my hair crunchy!
- My typical breakfast: a bunch of fruit. I crave fruit like mango, berries, papaya, and bananas in the morning. If I go to a restaurant for breakfast I will order a fruit parfait or steel cut oatmeal with berries and a little brown sugar.
- I don’t count calories, but I am mindful about how much I eat and what I’m eating throughout the day. If I go crazy at lunch I’ll eat a lighter dinner.
- I have a balanced diet. I eat healthy and fresh foods 90% of the time.
- I have a very big sweet tooth, so I have to satisfy it (but I do it in moderation). So at Pinkberry, I’ll order a mini original tart with sliced almonds and coconut shavings (and sometimes cookie dough when I’m feeling extra rebellious).
- The foods I eat most often: fruit, sushi, oatmeal, acai bowls, and fruit smoothies.
- I’m 5 feet and 7.5 inches. I weigh about 123 pounds.
- I don’t smoke.
- I eat junk food only when I’m really in the mood for it. The less you eat junk food, the less you crave it, trust me!
- I recently tried a Pilates class for the first time, and I fell in love with it.
- Right now I’m working out 5 times a week. I mix it up between treadmill, Pilates, hot yoga, ab workouts, and squats.
- Do you guys want me to do more blog posts on fitness?
- On the treadmill I try to run for at least 20 minutes on medium high speed.
- My favorite kind of workout is Pilates.
- When I pick out workout clothes, I make sure the pants are medium thickness and hugging tight on my skin. I hate baggy and thin workout pants! I feel tighter and more held together in a tight and stretchy workout pants. I wear seamless thong underwear (from Victoria’s Secret or Hanky Panky) to avoid lines showing through!
- I always try to do one physical thing each day no matter what. If I’m not in the mood for the gym I’ll play some basketball, run around with Copper in the backyard, or take the dogs for a walk. Better than nothing!
- Yes I will do a ”What’s in My Bag” post!
- Out of all of the countries in Europe I’ve visited Spain, France, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Italy, Greece, and Turkey (the part in Europe).
- I still want to visit England, Switzerland, Holland, Ireland, and Germany.
- It’s a lot of fun to have my mom on TV in Scandinavia! She is literally exactly like how you see her on TV…. a true character haha.
- My mom is my biggest inspiration in life. I’ve learned so many things from her that I will use throughout my whole life, and teach my kids!
- Speaking of kids, I want kids! Maybe when I’m 28/29? Depends where I’m at in my life haha.
- My favorite club: XS at Las Vegas, but Sara just went to Omnia and she said she had the best night ever so I need to go there!
- My favorite restaurant: for sushi, Sugarfish. For Italian, Quattro Cafe.
- My favorite TV series: Entourage and anything on the Food Network. I also love Million Dollar Listing New York!
- In ten years I hope I’m in a happy relationship, successful with the Montazami Brand clothing line, and happy.
- I don’t see myself cutting my hair for a long time…. I’ll do it when I feel the time is right!
- I’m now 100% working with the Montazami Brand clothing line and the blog!
- Sara and I are hoping to move to LA together in September.
- Austin is 22 years old, and we met the first day of college! I thought he was kinda quiet and weird at first haha but then we started to have a lot of classes together and we became fast friends. We were friends for 3 1/2 years before we started dating. He asked me to be his girlfriend when we were in Las Vegas haha! And no Austin doesn’t have Instagram.
- I do not have tattoos and I do not plan on getting any!
This is probably a LOT of information to take in haha but hopefully you find this interesting!
PS. Follow me on Snapchat (hannamonty) to see more of me, the family, Austin, Copper and Molly, and what I do everyday!
Recently a few of you guys have been asking for a Q&A with me, so I thought now would be a good time to do it! I do this ever so often but there are always new questions to be asked, especially now since I graduated LMU and I’m beginning a new chapter in my life!
You can ask me anything including my future plans, health/fitness, fashion/makeup, my favorite things, my thoughts about an issue, or my relationship with Austin! I’m pretty much an open book when it comes to these things!
Pictures are from today’s breakfast.
If you think you’ll find me eating a burger and fries at 11 am you are sadly mistaken… But don’t think you won’t see Austin doing it! This morning we walked to get breakfast from one of our favorite spots Le Pain Quotidien, and on the way was a restaurant called Burger Lounge, and Austin (in his hungover state) couldn’t resist!! We ditched our plans and went our separate ways! Luckily there was a Juice Crafters right around the corner so I ran over there and got an acai bowl hehe. No matter where I am I will find a healthy option. It’s a good trait to have!
After breakfast/ Austin’s lunch we went back to his place and binge-watched Entourage. We are now on season 3 and we are addicted! Then I went down to the fitness center and ran on the treadmill and did some DIY Pilates. Felt good to get a sweat in on a Saturday! Tonight we’re going to dinner (Sugarfish two nights in a row) and then going to the movies to see the new animated movie Inside Out. I’ll let you guys know how it is!
How perfect are these coffee cups that say goodmorning on them?! My mom bought them as a gift for Sara and I when we get our new place… I think it’ll go perfect with our projected style for the apartment… We’re going for clean crisp and stylish.
Note to self: get a full 8 hours of sleep the night before a big day in downtown LA. I am so exhausted right now– I haven’t been this tired in a very long time– and I need beauty sleep and rest! It was worth it though… We woke up at 5 am this morn to go to LA for our clothing line and it felt so good to drop off all of our material! We also managed to get all of the last minute things we needed like trim, buttons, and straps around town.
We’re starting to make friends with some of the people who work in the fashion district, which is very helpful. We learn so much everyday that helps us get that much closer to establishing a routine and getting the hang of everything.
Today I wore simple ripped denim jeans from Brandy Melville with a white tee and blue chucks. Phone case from Nunuco Design Company.
Ps. If you look at my arms in the second picture you will notice how double jointed I am haha. That’s me trying to do straight arms!